You will need a Triathlon Manitoba membership or other province triathlon membership number or Race day fee of $20 will be added for your race insurance.
I give permission to the Windburn Multi-Sport Academy Inc. staff to make decisions concerning medical care and treatment, and where necessary to authorize such care and treatment in emergency situations. I understand that the Windburn Multi-Sport Academy Inc staff will make every reasonable effort, in the circumstances, to reach my emergency contact regarding my medical status in the event an emergency arises. In the event that my contact cannot be reached in an emergency, I hereby give my permission to the licensed physician, dentist, athletic therapist, nurse or other medical professional whose services might be required to provide medical care and treatment. I indicate that I have the understanding and capacity to communicate health care directives for myself and that I am fully informed as to the contents of this document and understand the full import of this grant of powers to the Windburn Multi-Sport Academy Inc staff.
In consideration of my participation in such programs, activities and events, I hereby acknowledge that I am aware of the risks and hazards associated with or related to the sports of triathlon and duathlon and all related activities that may result in personal injury, death, property damage, expense and related loss to myself. The risks and hazards of triathlon and duathlon include, but are not limited to injuries as a result of:
• Entering the water by either diving, running or jumping;
• Spending extended times in pools or lakes including bacterial infections and rashes;
• Physical contact with other participants while swimming including crowding, pushing, kicking and punching;
• Water conditions such as currents, waves, water temperate and water clarity;
• Physical contact with pool walls or lake and ocean rocks and bottoms;
• Physical contact with other participants while cycling and running;
• Road conditions, terrains and vehicular traffic while cycling and running;
• From one’s failure to stay within the designated course area while cycling and running;
• Falling while cycling or running;
• Strenuous cardiovascular workouts, and/or exerting and stretching various muscle groups;
• Psychological factors such as anxiety;
• Changing weather conditions;
• Dehydration and/or fatigue; and
• Negligence of other participants.
In consideration of the acceptance of my entry in the Windburn Multi-Sport Academy Inc I agree as follows:
1. I will comply with all the rules and regulations of Triathlon Canada, the International Triathlon Union, and the event instructions of the organizers and officials.
2. I am aware of Triathlon Manitoba’s bylaws and policies (which can be found at www.triathlon.mb.ca) and agree to be bound by them.
3. I have sole responsibility for my personal possessions and athletic equipment during the Windburn Multi-Sport Academy - Riding Mountain Triathlon and its related activities.
4. I attest that I am physically fit and can complete the Windburn Multi-Sport Academy - Riding Mountain Triathlon.
5. I grant full permission Windburn Multi-Sport Academy - Riding Mountain Triathlon or Triathlon Manitoba to use my photographs as part of the event website photo gallery.
6. That in the event of a race cancellation due to a storm or other “Act of God” my entry fee will be non-refundable.
7. I realize that, with my participation in the event, I may be subject to unannounced drug testing as provided for by Triathlon Canada's agreement with the Canadian Centre for Ethics in Sport.
In consideration of my participation in < Windburn Multi-Sport Acadamy Inc. Events I for myself, my heirs, executors, and administrators, HEREBY RELEASE, WAIVE AND FOREVER DISCHARGE Triathlon Manitoba, Windburn Multi-Sport Academy Inc, their directors, officers, members, employees, coaches, officials, volunteers, race directors/organizers, agents, sponsors, funding partners, and owners/operators of the facility/venue, FROM ANY AND ALL CLAIMS AND DAMAGES I may have against them, their representatives, successors and assigns, in respect to death, illness, injury, or loss or damage to my person or property, HOWEVER CAUSED, that I may sustain as a result of my participation in this event, AND NOTWITHSTANDING that the loss may have been contributed to or occasioned by the negligence of any one or more of the above named.
I further acknowledge and understand that insurance coverage for this event does not provide me with personal accident insurance coverage and that I am responsible to obtain my own personal accident insurance coverage should I wish to be eligible for accident benefits that are in excess of those currently covered through my provincial or private health insurance plan(s).
I represent and warrant (a) I am over eighteen (18) years of age, and that if I am registering a minor, that I am the parent or guardian of such minor; (b) if I am registering third parties, I have been duly authorized to act on behalf of such parties; and (c) that the terms of this registration shall apply equally to me, any minor and to any third parties for whom I am acting. The participation in the Event by a third party shall be their confirmation that I was acting as their agent