FEMALE BANTAM PROSPECTS
Please see the information below regarding the Hockey Manitoba ‘Female Bantam Prospects Program’ supported by the Parkland Minor Hockey Association.
The Female Bantam Prospects program has been developed to provide a competitive skill development program for graduating second year Peewee (2003) and graduating first year Bantam (2002) female hockey players. Modeled after the current male Directors Cup, this program is designed as an introduction into the Hockey Manitoba U-18 Program of Excellence.
The program involves regionally held skill development sessions to introduce the concepts and skills required to play at the national level along with a final weekend tournament identification weekend. Our region will put together a list of players consisting of 9 forwards, 6 Defence and 2 goaltenders. A try-out will be conducted to select the players to participate in this program on Sunday, March 20th at Credit Union Place in Dauphin. Details will be communicated to the players that register.
For the tournament/ identification weekend, players that participate will be ranked and placed on teams made up of players form all regions of MB.
All female players registered with Hockey Manitoba are eligible to try-out (born in 2002 or 2003).
Deadline to register is March 6th, 2016. To register please follow this link: http://houndsportservices.com/parklandminorhockey/form/211/
Please Note: Coaches are needed to deliver this program. Interested Coaches should apply by contacting Phil Fafard.
For more information please contact Phil Fafard at: firstname.lastname@example.org or 204-638-5427.
Process and Time Lines
- Register on line by March 6th, 2016.
- Link: http://houndsportservices.com/parklandminorhockey/form/211/
Parkland Try-out session:
- Sunday, March 20th, 6:30-8pm. Credit Union Place, Dauphin MB.
- Cost: $25
Parkland Development sessions:
- Dates: TBA (will occur between April 4th and 21st.
- Location: Gilbert Plains Arena
- Times: TBA
- Cost to participate in the program: $240 [This will cover various practice/ tournament costs for ice time, officials, jerseys and socks and Coach Honorariums.]
Hockey Manitoba FBPP Tournament:
- Date: April 22-24th, 2016
- Location: Portage PCU
- Costs: Food and accommodations (on your own)